Thursday, October 1

One need not be a chamber

Today was a tough day.

We've had quite a lot of tests done in the past 3 weeks or so and ultimately, everything is A-OK which I haven't stopped breathing multiple sighs of relief all day. I suppose you could say I hold my breath in situations like that since it gives me no relief to speculate on how 'it's going to be fine' or 'it's not going to be ok' until someone tells me it's actually fine or actually not ok. Before I left though I got an email from some friends of ours' that their little one month old boy was also sent to the same hospital as I was that day, although with bad news, and we had just seen them that Sunday for their other son's 3rd birthday. I had never been to a children's intensive care unit before and I have to say it was probably the worst feeling I've ever had in my heart to be standing there. Not to be self-involved as I was and am still very concerned that they were holding up alright but I guess I just had this strong vision of babies and hospitals completely ingrained in my mind with balloons and smiling grandparents.. it was an absolute shock for me to see nobody smiling. Including myself.




One need not be a chamber to be haunted,
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing

Material place.


{emily dickinson}

1 comment:

Avalon said...

Hey Hun,

Been thinking of you guys recently (FB statuses made me wonder...). I'm so glad to hear everything is ok.

xo