Wednesday, January 21

Holy SHIT

Ok so I was killing time last night coming up with some sort of header for this here journal. I still don't like calling them blogs.. sounds like blobs or whatever puking sound people make. Anyway I didn't like anything I came up with, nach, I never do.. and then remembered some wicked cool picture that would be great for it but sooo 2003 and sooo not on my computer and sooo not about to go look for it.

I didn't end up finding it.

So I tried to cheat the internets and use the wayback machine.. turns out I never posted it but what DID I find? Oh only the infamous lost recipe to Ann's Awesome Enchiladas!  I don't even remember posting it. It was so great, I made it a few times and then (the infamous part) made it while drunk with Brooke and it somehow became just refried beans, a pound of beef, cheese and one horrible morning... aka I forgot the rest of the ingredients lol.  It's basically become a legend in that time as being awesome and lost forever, replaced with the memory of this.



Ann's Totally Not Mexican Awesome Enchilada's 
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 2 tbls. butter
  • 3-4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped, or two cups stewed
  • 1 cup tomato sauce
  • 1/4 cup chopped green chilies
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. basil
  • 12 corn tortillas (4 carb or regular wraps)
  • 2 1/2 cups grated cheese
  • 3/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
  • refried beans  
  • 2 turkey breasts (optional)
Sauté onion and garlic in butter. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chilies, cumin, salt, oregano, and basil. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Place some beans (turkey option) and cheese on each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam down, in a 9x12x12" baking dish. Blend yogurt/sour cream into remaining sauce and pour over the tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.  Yum.

Another reason who this totally made my day is because in the process of trying to find the previously mentioned wicked cool pic for my header idea, I remembered that fucking Fotopic deleted my account and therefore deleted 2-3 years worth of pictures! Like my 22nd birthday, Cottage 2004, Little Gay Montreal and New Years 2005 :( Boy was that depressing all over again.. so I'm pretty happy about this enchilada business.  To commemorate this find I think I will make it for Andrea and her Australian Snowboarding Boyfriend from Calgary (I suppose I will just call him Simon) when they come here this Saturday; doubling up on the nostalgia of the encheladas from our HOT dinner at Mexicali Rosas.



I am guessing here that I had decided I looked so out of place in a Mexican restaurant that I needed to become part of the scenery.   

I am now excited for both of those things!  And I haven't even mentioned the season premier of Lost is tonight!  Not too bad for a Wednesday.

1 comment:

Avalon said...

i remember those pictures! i've been reading your BLOG too long, lol. i remember when brian first showed to to me, "this girl reminds me of you. she likes to rant a lot." haha.