Thursday, June 19

Little Boxes

Little boxes on the hillside, Little boxes made of ticky tacky
Little boxes on the hillside, little boxes all the same

There's a green one and a pink one and a blue one and a yellow one
And they're all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same.




Literally every one of my favourite shows lately are ones that I don't watch for some reason then hear about how it's awesome but then don't watch it on purpose because now I feel left out.. and then eventually decide that enough time has passed where I and the last person on earth (aka Sean) should start watching every episode in a marathon-like fashion.

Enter: Weeds.

And the people in the houses all went to the university
Where they were put in boxes and they came out all the same,
And there's doctors and there's lawyers, and business executives
And they're all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same.


I just finished watching Episode 1 of Season 4 tonight and now I unfortunately have to actually wait for shows to happen on their regular schedule.. when "the man" wants me to view my favourite shows. There are so many things wrong with waiting to watch TV. In any case I just love this show, the characters are hilarious especially Kevin Nealon.. and their fictional town of Agrestic reminds me so much of living in Oakville that it makes it all that much funnier.

And they all play on the golf course and drink their martinis dry,
And they all have pretty children and the children go to school
And the children go to summer camp and then to the university
Where they are put in boxes and they come out all the same.



They also have such a fantastic soundtrack.. naturally when Nancy walks out of the guy's house to the kick-ass Jenny Owen Young's "What the Fuck (was I thinking?)" well I just fell completely in love with the show. The only thing that could get better in the 4th season is some ill Scarlett.. hey it's a show about pot, I'm sure it could happen. Finger's Crossed for One A or Mary Jane getting played while something absolutely ridiculous happens.. let's say with Andy.





By the way, I mean really, who has sex with Matthew Modine? He's practically plastic!



And the boys go into business and marry and raise a family
In boxes made of ticky tacky and they all look just the same.

No comments: