Thursday, October 17

I win at volunteering


When I volunteer to make play dough for the Kindergarden class.. I'm there to kick all the other play dough in the ass.  How?  Amazing cake gel colouring and glitter!!


Why?  I swear I'm really not this cut-throat in real life, it's all for the kids enjoyment and also how I have fun :)  I started volunteering my afternoons to help distribute pizza on Friday Pizza Day.. let's just say everyone will not only get their pizza in a timely manner but, no, that's about all I can do with pizza.  Dammit.


If you want to make this recipe gluten-free (haven't figured out a reason for this but you may HATE gluten that much you won't even PLAY with it.. but whatever the case) then substitute the 1 cup flour for 1/2 cup rice flour and 1/2 cup corn starch.  

Playdough Recipe

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup boiling water                                                     
1tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons Cream of Tartar
few drops of food colouring *special ingredient.. 1tbsp of GLITTER*

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.  Mix boiled water, vegetable oil,
and food colouring together in a large bowl.
Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir.  When all
ingredients are all mixed together, remove from bowl and knead
the dough in your hands until the mixture forms a smooth ball.
Dough can be stored in ziplock bag or air tight container.

No comments: