Thursday, June 24

How to be Nice

“After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul, and you learn that love doesn’t mean leaning and company doesn’t mean security, and you begin to learn that kisses aren’t contracts and presents aren’t promises, and you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open, with the grace of an adult, not the grief of a child, and you learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow’s ground is too uncertain for plans. After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much." Veronica A. Shoffstall







I'm in the process of fixing up all my grandparents pictures of their trip to Italy and ordering a picture book for my grandmother's birthday next Sunday.  I thought that would be a nice gift.  Then again, I thought it would be nice to clean and deliver my grandparent's van to their house when they got back and learned that only meant I did not want to see them.  Of course.. I don't know what else it could have possibly meant.  The only bright spot in being accused of being an inconsiderate asshole all the time is my grandmother has the most hilarious "Dr. Phil-isms" she uses for stuff like that.  Like when she called and my phone was on vibrate so I didn't hear it she told me something is cookin'  .. what does that even mean?  you ask.  I have no idea either, but isn't it cute that she thinks that made sense?!

Here is where I would tell you I missed that if I actually did.

So glad I get to end off this busy week with spending time with 3 of my cousins for the day by the pool and some of Maria's comically gigantic wine glasses.  Little preview to the cottage is sooo exactly what I need :)

No comments: