Monday, February 1

Closure on that anecdote

I have eaten.  It was everything I remembered it to be!

Actually before I went home the nice night nurse found a sandwich and offered it to me.  It was the worst sandwich in existence but that did not matter.. I might as well have been Frodo and it was my ham and stale bread precious.  In the morning I asked if breakfast came by while I was asleep and apparently the two orange juices were breakfast.  The irony is not lost of my professing to love hospital food before I went in, and them not feeding me anything at all the entire time I was there!

I should also add to this update that while I've eaten since I got home, I have also had the pleasure of throwing up said food.  When you have staples.. it is wrong, try to avoid it if you can.  That is all I will say about that.

The end.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Food is way overrated. As a culinary professional and a stalwart of many lengthy hospital stays, I know this to be true. No one eats more poorly than chefs and invalids.

I'm glad to hear your surgery went well. Please take good care in your recovery and continue spewing out updates as they happen.