Saturday, March 7

Tela-ella-ella-phone

My mom called me at.. 1am.. to let me know she'd like to come hang out at my house for a day this week.  Also she wanted to tell me about her foot cast (that she got from a bar fight) and how she gets on the bus with it.  There was some other stuff but I stopped listening.  I don't know if it's possible for someone to feel actual physical frustration from hearing a person talk on the phone but I promise you that I do when I am talking to her: even for 3 minutes but especially 7 minutes.

I would go so far as to call it mild-torture because she is just TALKING.  I could say "can you excuse me, I am shitting Oreo's" and she would just continue talking without pause.  She has always been that way on the phone.  I have re-evaluated my real memory of this and if I was just a super needy kid, and well, that simply does not seem to be the case.

I guess that just seems unnatural.

No comments: