Wednesday, March 13

But nothing from Titanic

I attended a 40th birthday last week, hosted at a neat pub with some live music etc.  I won't even get started on how troubling it was to see the lead singer outside smoking as she had an amazing voice!  Annnd I'm even SOUNDING old now aren't I?

At the same time it seemed like there was also someone's 50 or 60th birthday being celebrated at the pub so the band played mostly older tunes like We Belong Together and Earth Angel etc.  Suddenly, I felt the urge to go watch the movie La Bamba again!

There was a point in the night where they played Build Me Up Buttercup and a friend and I are singing along, it was a little incredible that I knew the whole thing as though I heard it yesterday!  She on the other hand did not.  The weird part to me was I couldn't explain afterward because I don't remember how I know all the words.  At all.  It's like there's just a black hole where that information was.  It actually bothered me so much that I went home and googled it for references that made sense, and I came up with the movie There's Something About Mary.

Anyone remember this at the end??





I guess I really liked it???  Now I've been singing it all week long!  Man I love that super tanned old lady.  I feel like this is a 90s maybe music movie marathon night waiting to happen because of all this.  Ok let's make a list!


  1. La Bamba
  2. There's Something About Mary
  3. Empire Records
  4. My Cousin Vinny for the accents
  5. That Thing You Do
  6. Pulp Fiction 
  7. annnd let's put My Girl in there just for the heck of it.  I like mood rings.

Did I miss anything???

No comments: