Tuesday, October 30

the religion of tradition

This may be the first time in 6 years we'll have to trick or treat at the Mall.   The Mall.  First, I have an unreasonable attachment to celebrating things on their actual dates.. if I've deemed it important then it might as well be a religious holiday.  Second, as a seasoned Vet of Trick or Treating like yours truly I'm experiencing a mild anxiety attack.  My childhood was spent scavenging the streets for hours with my friends, including all the unintentionally creepy houses you were sure some kids were trapped inside, and we didn't use no fancy buckets we had pillowcases and we liked it!  One year I literally fireman-carried my friend Andrea back to Candy Central (our friends house) when she got sick and couldn't walk back.  It helped that she weighed merely 8 pounds but still.. we didn't leave a man behind, a lit house un-tricked or treated, and we didn't care to dress appropriately for the weather.  The year I went as a cheerleader? my blue little legs brought in 3 pillowcases that year.  It was hardcore candy times, so you can just guess that the very idea of MY kids trick or treating in the Mall just.. annoys me.. but, Hurricanes be crazy! and it's going to pretty much rain all week as we all know by now.  I'll give the boys some time to become MEN.. I guess ;)

My only consolation is that they at least got to dress up already for a spooky fun Halloween Party with some friends on our street on Saturday night.



Sir Gabriel and his dragon Kierfire.. and Lego version Captain Rex with beard.

The Evil Witch ..of the bathroom!




Sean was missing due to being sick that day but his costume was Rick from Walking Dead, if you're familiar.  Maybe he'll get to wear it at the Mall and scare some teen shoplifters into making better life choices.

Here's to a wet but Happy Halloween 2012 everyone!

No comments: