Saturday, June 20

30 to 30

I finally have a definitive answer to something I left out of my 26 things I learned in 26 years experiment. What the heck do you do when you drop an egg? I offered simply that I learned it was not easy, and perhaps try some flour. Since I didn't want to waste an egg to figure out if that was true, and didn't know if it made any sense, I left it off the list. Now I know!

Egg on the Floor

If you drop an egg on the floor, cover it with salt and leave it alone for a couple of minutes. When you come back, you'll be able to easily clean the mess with a paper towel.



Excellent!

Practical life lessons are so my favourite because they are so easy to apply. Open ended big-picture items like follow your dreams, be more alive, you are born an amazing individual, be the change you want to see etc. I have never found to be particularly easy for my mind to get around (ahh this is me being the change I want to see! good for me, changing and seeing). I'm not making fun here, really, and I can attribute this ironically to my needing to do things definitively, collectively, competitively and perfectly. Following my dreams is not definitive, collective, competitive or perfect in it's conception or implementation and planning (or IS it, to you?). I think the essence and "hustle in the game" of people who do the whole life-isms thing like that is that you like learning and re-learning as you go, and need a bunch of reminders and motivation to stay the course having no idea where they're going. That just doesn't happen for me so practical things and goals is my bestfriend.

More than just the egg on the floor as a topic (check out Cooking LifeTips) I have become interested in my next list slash experiment that is practical but goal based. I figured 26 years in learning something is generous, and 30 things to 30 to DO something is as generous. So 30 things to do before 30? I'm interested in both writing the list and accomplishing each one. For once (like leaving egg on the floor out of my 26 list) I am not tempted to place any limitations on my goals, like, I must succeed.. because to be a true competitive person at heart you must lose, fail, and come up short quite a lot of the time.



1. Write and submit a short-story for publication.

No comments: