Monday, December 29

Ann Wrapping

There is a definitive difference between wrapping presents and when I do it.  I try and 'bag it' as much as I can but there comes at least 2-3 presents I actually have to wrap.. the holidays just wouldn't be complete without them.  This year I just sat at laughed at myself for a honest to goodness 5 minutes when I was presented with wrapping: a candle.  I knew it was going to happen so I grabbed my camera.  Let me show you why being the worst at something can be fun.  Here is a step by step on how to wrap a candle according to me.


Step 1:  Get a square of wrapping paper and place it on the bottom of the candle, then start taping the sides in overlapping folds.




This should be the finished product of the taped folds, all the way around.

Step 2:  Take the rectangular piece of paper pictured underneith the candle and just wrap it around.  Secure with more tape.

Step 3:  Tie a bow around the top to cinch it/make it look super professional.



Step 4:  Don't turn it around.  Ever.


Step 5:  If you haven't cut the paper as jagged as possible, go back and do that.  It's important.


All done!

Now if you think you can't repeat this with normally shaped packages you'd be wrong.



For 'Ann Wrapping' to be in the best form possible you must set the gift up to only look good from one angle.  You know, like those women who look better the farther away they are?  Just like that but with presents.



The recipient of this gift, my secret santa-ee, totally thought this was normally wrapped until the candle! Damn.. almost.

No comments: