Wednesday, November 19

Confession

I'm not normally a religious person, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!.. from all this packing!!

So there's a little bit of snow falling outside.. looks a little like a miniature ticker-tape parade of icy death.  Gathering in numbers and waiting to strike down it's holiday vengeance on me, probably while trying to shop last minute for something. By the way, I disabled comments but now would be a really good time for someone to tell me if they or anyone they know actually finds use out of the Jack LaLanne Juicer?  They just came out with a new stainless looking one, I'm sure it still juices the same, but I basically always want to buy it for someone and then think well maybe they're like me and instead of buying massive amounts of fruit.. they'd like to go to Booster Juice and fughedaboudit.  Mostly because the fruit might go bad.  Who knows if the juice is really why Jack LaLanne is so awesome, but I am in disbelief there are any other 94 year old men work out 2 hours a day and swim 20 miles.  I really, really doubt it actually.. no offense to the elderly.  My maternal grandfather's mother Maria was in fantastic heath her whole life, and lived to the fruitful old age of 94 herself.  She was just in a wheelchair when she did it, and had some senile moments now and again.  Or as my grandma calls it "old timers". 

Ok I think I just realized I actually want someone to buy me one of these juicers OR bring me a vial of that man's blood.  Which one will I drink... ?  Guess you'll have to wait and find out.  Just kidding, I don't think the juice would do anything.

Actually it's funny because I made up some of the Vega smoothies for me and Brooke Sunday morning and I felt instantly better.  Usually I prefer to down about a gallon of ice cold OJ; so cold that ice chunks are still floating in it.  I don't know why but that's just a must for me to feel better after a bunch of wine+staying up till 3:30 in the morning. No ice, no dice.  The way I make the smoothie though, there is OJ in it and also the frozen berries keep it ridiculously cold, especially if you put it into a thermal metal tumbler.  Uh.. why am I still talking about this.  Oh, right, I don't want to go back to packing....... I thought Superman would have been here by now.

No comments: