Wednesday, August 6

I'm Back.. Bitches?

{photo #1}


That title felt like it needed a 'bitches'.

Cottage week 2008 was great.. curious weather but basically relaxing and got to go kayaking twice. Actually I think kayaking and badminton were my favourite things to do from the whole week of cottage activites. The badminton field was a little muddy in one spot and Sean literally did this herioc dive splits.. and made the shot! SO priceless. Anna slipped once too but she hurt herself so that wasn't really funny... but her racket head flew off once and that was also priceless. Plus the trash talking, can't forget that!

Canoeing would have been up there too if Antonella hadn't wanted to beat Maria's boat so badly that she tipped us getting onto shore and the edge of the boat flipped right on my leg and cut and bruised it. It's ok though since the rest of the week I'd just randomly walk over and go "hey anyone want to see my boat bruise today?"

Little Fact: we always make everything "more intersting" in a game with penelties and prizes for the winners and losers. So you have to see it does really suck when you lose, and it's not like we weren't already competitive. For example my team lost a game of badminton and I ended up having to do 5 mins of back scratches. Then we lost a game of beach volleyball and I had to be bar bitch for Maria and Alisia for one drink. But then we won at bocce ball (represent team mean green) and Antonella and I got to hand out "anything shots"! I don't think there was a penelty for the canoe who got to shore last other than they didn't have to hear about losing from Maria, and obviously Antonella just couldn't take that! Haha.



Getting back to regular life, the extra vacation day was nice to get some stuff done - booked the photographer and got to see my dad, pretty sweet. Still getting over a few bites I have left, loving my tan, and basically wishing I could go kayaking some more. Boourns to the lake being an unreasonable drive away. Cottage pics will be on here this week... and they include fireworks!


















Oooooo.

No comments: