Wednesday, May 7

And don't forget when you leave why you came




So my buddy Andrea is leaving at the end of the month for Calgary, like I mentioned sometime before. That really, well, makes me happy for her... but I am going to miss her a bunch. We've been friends since grade 6 or 7 and have lots of experience staying in touch and not needing to hang out a whole lot to be friends.. so I'm not overly concerned. I just don't want her to miss home or anything but I should be flying out there pretty soon to see her new digs.

When she called to ask me if she was doing the right thing, and wasn't sure she could leave everyone I said: Dude (and I'm paraphrasing) I know so many people who get pushed out of their parents place.. pushed into a job and it becomes a pattern for their whole life. Deciding to start your life in a new province in as little as 2 weeks, and accomplishing that? It's a great marker for what else you can do. It's something I think about whenever I am not feeling very productive, need to get my "shit together" and it always helps me, so I hope it will help her.

That and some Ikea gift cards!

Today has been an exceptionally difficult day, which is possibly why I have been thinking about her leaving. I suppose though, at the end of it, if I didn't question my limitations at least a little bit then I would be made of nothing in the first place. Cheers to the roadblocks, then! Else I'd have no time to stop and enjoy a gin & seven at the end of a hard day. Literally, I've had 3! If we're working on a scale of 1-5 then I will definitely have to alert you when a 4 or 5 gin and seven day comes up.





Your days are short here; this is the last of your springs. And now in the serenity and quiet of this lovely place, touch the depths of truth, feel the hem of Heaven. You will go away with old, good friends. And don't forget when you leave why you came.

Adlai E. Stevenson

No comments: