Friday, November 10

AnnSpace - A place where I don't like anything, at all




You know myspace has reached it's height in popularity when there are other sites based off of it. I ran into my death space and found it completely fascinating in the most whole-heartedly creepy way. All it is is a list of myspace.com members who have recently died. It tells you how they died, links you to their page, and then you get to read their profile and friends comments and shit. Before I knew it an hour and a half had passed by and I was sitting at my computer, convinced everyone I knew was going to die.

I'm not sure of the commentary on society here that there are tributes to a person's online profile, but the implications are not totally lost on me... I just am too creeped out to tell you what that is because I don't want to really think about it. I don't want to know you set yourself on fire, I don't want to leave you sparkly comments, I don't want to see your slutty pics on your way to a party, or see your headline is "playas only love you when they playin'" or hear your profile song is "The Offficial Stripper" by T Pain. Just jesus christ, everyone, delete your myspace's right away... and die like normal people please.

I don't want to personally identify anyone I know with being dead. Is that so wrong?





And I don't even know what to say about THIS



Members include "Hoopz" from the reality-tv show Flavor of Love. I was so conflicted with just the original myspace.com, I didn't feel like I really belonged. When I saw this all I could think was "Oh thank god, finally, a place for me." What's next.. mywhitespace? a place for Aryan friends. anorexicspace? a place for starving yourself to death. seemypoospace? a place for poo.

Come on this is so fucking ridiculous. If I met Tom, I would definitely knee him in the junk for making me write this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE! thats Wesley Snipes when he played in the movie "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar"! Dont ask me why or how I remember it but I'm sure thats who that is! LOL! Miss you and the bee!

ann.мarie said...

hey dude, yeah i dunno why it showed a pic of TO WONG FOO but it was supposed to be niggaspace.com's logo. i fix. man is he one ugly woman...



anyways, miss you auntie see you tuesday!!